Austria's most beautiful spots
The people in the Hochkönig region nurture customs, a love for their country, and genuine hospitality. Guests are welcomed here like friends. It is an area characterized by tradition, feeling, and innovation thinking. In Maria Alm, Dienten, and Mühlbach, the idyllic atmosphere, the tranquility, and the hospitality are palpable. Active vacationers will find the best opportunities for hiking, biking, climbing, or trail running. Connoisseurs treasure the regional cuisine, the alpine hut culture, the nature experiences, as well as the customs and traditions at the harvest festival. On the Hochkönig, you will feel right at home during your vacation.
- Majestic Hiking Paradise
340 km of clearly marked hiking trails, with all levels of difficulty represented, await both casual hikers and experienced mountaineers. Furthermore, numerous long-distance trails and Hiking without Luggage opportunities extend out through the region: the Königsweg, Via Alpina, Salzburger Almenweg, to name but a few…
- An extensive Summer in the Hills and Harvest Festival program with beautiful special events
- A wide variety of clearly marked mountain bike trails
- One of the most beautiful championship golf courses in the Alps – the Urslautal Golf Course in Maria Alm
- New Forest High Ropes Course in Maria Alm on our most popular local mountain, the Natrun
- Hikes of Legend in Dienten am Hochkönig
- Geocaching, the modern treasure hunt in Mühlbach am Hochkönig
For kids, too, their dreams come true in this family paradise. And if you are ever in the mood to tackle a more challenging hike, feel free to bring your youngsters over to us at the “Schlawutzel KinderClub”. Awaiting the kids there is a fun, variety-packed children's program: climbing, an Indian powwow, an exciting day on the farm, fishing, Adventure Park and more.
Tipy na voľný čas Hochkönig
Hochkönig Tourismus GmbH
Am Gemeindeplatz 7, AT-5761 Maria Alm
- +43 (0)6584 20388
- +43 (0)6584 20388 25